Monday, March 29, 2010

Thank You

For a quarter of a century, I had a dream.
For more than 4 years, I tried to pursue it.
For 6 months, I alternately persevered and retreated.
For more than a month, I attempted to be in my strongest and most persistent form.
On the last day of the exams -- that final second when I finally wrote the last punctuation mark on my booklet -- I succumbed at last. I whispered a prayer and surrendered everything to Him.

For another 6 months, I waited.

They say, the waiting part was the hardest. It really was. There were days when I thought that my dream was just etched in sleep -- in unconsciousness -- and could never be realized elsewhere. I was in limbo; I didn't know where to go or who I was supposed to be. I felt worthless, as if I was there just shiftlessly waiting for that dreaded word that had long been said.

But, now, the smog beneath my roads has finally settled and I can now see and breathe with no hesitation.

The word has finally been said; and it is "YES."

For a second, my dream has finally become real. I am no longer a dreamer. :)

A BIG THANK YOU...

to Mommy, Daddy, Lola & Lolo who have always believed in the beauty of my dream despite my countless downfalls, incurable childishness and juvenile behavior;

to my brothers & sisters who have always tolerated -- and understood -- my jungle-like ways;

to my friends/relatives who have given me a bed to sleep on when I was too drunk to face the sober world; who have shared with me gazillions glassful of alcohol when almost everything seemed too cruel for my taste; who have been my counselors, shrinks, ghost busters, companions-for-keeps; who have been there through thick and (overly) thin; who have been there and always will be -- no matter what;

to that special someone whom I have been with through some of the stormiest weathers and who has still managed to stay;

to everyone who has taken their time to be part of this triumph; and,

to GOD, I can never thank You enough -- You're the greatest. :D

Happiness -- though as evasive as the wind and as sulky as the clouds on a summer day -- does sometimes exist... and I am thankful I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment